This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) is directed at you who use BetterQA in any capacity, in accordance with your use-case confirming with Section 4.
It describes how Better Quality Assurance Srl, reg. no. RO39687318, Baciu 202, 407055 Baciu, Cluj, Romania, (“Better Quality Assurance”, “BetterQA”, “Us”, “We”), as a data controller collects, uses, discloses, stores and otherwise process your personal data.
We respect your right to privacy, and we are committed to complying with applicable data protection rules and to safeguard your rights. We want to make sure that you are aware of what types of information we collect about you, how this information is used and how we protect it.
This Privacy Notice describes, amongst other things, which information we collect about you, how your personal data is processed and for what purposes we collect and use the personal data. This Privacy Notice also describes your rights and how you can enforce them.
2. Data Controller
BetterQA is the data controller responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
3. What personal information do we use?
3.1 Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information about yourself when using any of our Products of Services.
Depending on which Services you use, this information may include:
- Contact and Identification Information: Name, e-mail address.
3.2 Information we collect about you
Depending on which Services you use, we may collect the following information about you.
Depending on which Services you use, this information may include:
- Contact and identification information: Name, e-mail address.
- Device information: Information related to your device and your usage. This data may include technical data and related information about the device being used for our services, including device ID, unique push ID, IP address, browser type, operating system, application software and peripherals, usage patterns and page visits.
4. How do We Use Your Information, for what purpose and for what legal basis?
Depending on the Products and Services you use, BetterQA may process your personal data for the purposes listed below, with the supporting information set forth in each purpose.
|Purpose of Processing||Personal Data||Legal Basis|
|Market research purposes for client generation||Contact and Identification Information||Legitimate interest, as we assess that you, the potential client, has a legitimate interest in being the beneficiary of our services. We ensure that this processing is necessary for the pursuit of this interest and that our interest outweighs your right not to have your information processed for this purpose.|
|Comply with applicable laws and regulations.||Contact and Identification Information, Demographic Information.|
Compliance with a legal obligation.
5. How long do we keep your personal information?
We only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. When we no longer need your personal data, we remove the data from our systems, databases and backups.
Upon termination of your account, your data will be deleted. For technical reasons your data might however be stored up until 30 days after the termination.
At the latest, we keep your personal information for 24 months after your last activity with one of our Services.
We may be required to keep your personal data for other reasons, such as to comply with legal obligations or to safeguard our legal interests, or for any other important public interest.
6. With Whom do We Share Your Personal Data?
Your personal data will be processed by carefully selected service providers, e.g. providers of IT-services, or companies we cooperate with.
We may also in certain cases be required to share your personal data with public authorities or other third parties in connection with audits, court proceedings or similar reasons.
We will not sell your personal data to any third party.
7. Where do we process your personal information?
BetterQA processes your personal data primarily within the EU/EEA. In some cases, we may transfer your personal data to a country outside of the EU/EEA. If personal data is transferred to any such country, we will ensure that your personal data is protected and that the transfer is carried out in accordance with applicable law.
When carrying out any transfer to a country that lacks an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will use the standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission as a legal basis for the transfer. You may find these here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm
Further, when carrying out any transfer to the U.S. we may also transfer personal data under the EU-US Privacy shield mechanism. Read more about Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
8. Your Rights
You may at any time contact us to exercise your rights, and our contact details can be found at the last page of this Privacy Notice.
You have upon written request the right of access to the data relating to you. You also have the right to get data rectified, and under some circumstances the right to have your data deleted before the retention period expires.
BetterQA is responsible for responding to your request to exercise your rights within one month from our receipt of your request. We are entitled to extend this period by two further months when necessary, taking into account the complexity of your request or if we have received a large number of requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request, together with the reasons for the delay and information about your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
At BetterQA, we will take all reasonable and possible actions to notify any recipients of your personal data regarding any rectification, erasure, or restrictions carried out by us. At your request, we will also inform you of which third parties we have shared your personal data with.
All information and communication, and all actions we carry out, is at no cost for you. If the action you request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we are entitled to charge you an administrative fee to provide you with the requested information or carry out the requested action or refuse to meet your request.
You have the right to request:
8.1 Access to your personal data
This means that you have the right to request information on our use of your personal data. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data being processed by us, at no cost. However, we may charge you a reasonable administrative fee to provide you with additional copies of such information. If you make your access request by electronic means such as email, we will provide you with the information in a commonly used electronic format.
8.2 Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data that we process which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller if:
- we based our processing of that data on your consent, or
- we base it on fulfilment of a contract with you, and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
If technically feasible, you will also have the right to have that personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller.
8.3 Human intervention
You have the right to obtain human intervention with regard to what happens at BetterQA, to express your point of view, and to obtain an explanation of the decision reached after such assessment and to challenge the decision.
8.4 Rectification of your personal data.
We will at your request, or at our own initiative, rectify, anonymize, erase or complement personal data that you or we discover to be inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading. You also have the right to complete the personal data with additional data if relevant information is missing.
8.5 Erasure of your personal data.
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data and we must erase it if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected,
- we use your personal data with your consent, you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing,
- you object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest and there is no overriding legitimate ground for the processing,
- the personal data has not been lawfully processed, or
- we are required to erase the personal data due to a legal obligation.
However, there might be requirements under applicable law, or other compelling reasons, that prevents us from immediately erasing your personal data. In such case, we will stop using your personal data for any other reasons than to comply with the applicable law, or the relevant compelling reason.
8.6 Right to restrict processing:
This means that we temporarily restrict the processing of your personal data. You have the right to request restriction of the processing when:
- you have requested rectification of your personal data, during the period of time we are verifying the accuracy of the data,
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the personal data to be erased,
- BetterQA, as the data controller, no longer needs the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, but you require us to retain the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, or
- you have objected to a processing activity we base on our legitimate interests, during the time we determine whether our legitimate interests override your privacy rights.
8.7 Your right to object to the processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that we base on our legitimate interests. If you object to such processing, we will only continue with the processing if we have a compelling legitimate reason for the processing that outweighs your interests, rights or freedoms, or if continued processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim. You can always contact us for more information on the balance test that has been made.
8.8 Your right to withdraw your consent
When processing your personal data based on your consent, you always have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us. You will find our contact details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
8.9 Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with the supervisory authority in the country you live or work in.
9. How we protect your personal information
We protect your personal data against unauthorised access, alteration and erasure.
You shall always feel safe when providing us with your personal data. Therefore, BetterQA has implemented appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, and erasure.
In the case of a security breach that may significantly affect you or your personal data, e.g. when there is a risk of fraud or identity theft, we will contact you and inform you of what we will do and what you can do to reduce this risk.
11. How do we update or amend this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our collection and use of your personal data. You will be informed of any significant changes (e.g. by email, on our website, or on the platform), but we also recommend that you review this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of any amendments.
The latest version will always be available on our website (betterqa.co).
12. How we collect data?
Information researched by us or provided by you is automatically saved to our system;
We collect publicly available information, to the extent legally permitted under applicable law. We may append this information to our existing information.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date;
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only;
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries;
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties.
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally;
- Stored for more than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected;
- Transferred to organizations, states, or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies; Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities).
13. Contact Information
Do not hesitate to contact us at BetterQA if you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, our processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise your rights.
Better Quality Assurance Srl, reg.no. RO39687318
Postal address: Strada Transilvaniei 202, Baciu, 407055, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Telephone: +40751 289 399
TERMS OF SERVICE
Acceptable Use sets out a list of acceptable and unacceptable behaviors in regard to the use of our Services. If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the Services or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access.
- Comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data privacy, and export control laws, and regulations promulgated by any government agencies;
- Promptly notify us if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any illegal or unauthorized activity or a security breach involving your account, including any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of a username, password, or account;
- Use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Products or Services.
- Permit any third party that is not an Authorized User to access or use a username or password for the Services
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by BetterQA or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Service;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation.
BetterQA may suspend your access to the Services at any time, including in the event of your actual or suspected unauthorized use of the Services or non-compliance with the Agreements.
When your account is terminated, you agree that BetterQA shall have no liability or responsibility to you, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
Limitation of Liability
BetterQA is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses which occur as a side effect of the main loss or damage.
Events outside BetterQA’s control, which is not reasonably foreseeable, shall be considered force majeure, meaning that BetterQA is released from obligations to fulfill contractual agreements. Examples of such events are government action or omission, new or amended legislation, conflict, embargo, fire or flood, sabotage, accident, war, natural disasters, strikes or lack of delivery from suppliers.
The force majeure also includes government decisions that affect the market negatively and products, for example, restrictions, warnings, ban, etc. The limitations in this section shall not apply to the extent caused by BetterQA’s gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
BetterQA’s privacy policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Services.
Unless as otherwise stated in the Terms, should any provision of the Terms be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are subject to Romanian law. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Romania.