Cypress’ mission is to make testing simple and enjoyable by building an open source ecosystem where you can thrive and be productive. And they take accountability for making it work.
What is Cypress?
Cypress is a free testing tool built for the modern web. It can test anything that runs in a browser, and it makes it possible for you to set up, write, run, and debug tests.
While Cypress is often compared to Selenium, it doesn’t use it at all. Therefore it isn’t constrained by the same restrictions. Cypress is built from the ground up on a completely new architecture. It’s made for you to write more reliable tests and do it easier and faster.
Why Cypress? Advantages and nice-to-have features:
- Automatic waiting – for the DOM to load, elements to become visible, the animation to be completed, the XHR and AJAX calls to be finished, and so much more. Cypress never adds waits or sleep to your tests.
- Real-Time Reloads – no need to manually trigger the run; Cypress does it automatically.
- Debuggability – you can directly debug your app with Developer Tools. Plus, Cypress gives you error messages and suggests how you should approach them.
- Time Travel: it takes snapshots as you run tests.
- Spies, Stubs, and Clocks: You can verify and control functions, server responses, or timers.
- Consistent results
- Cross browser testing
Our team is already getting on board. How about you?
Learn more about it here:
You can also learn more about us by scheduling a meeting here: