What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new EU Regulation, related to the protection of personal data that took effect on the 25th of May 2018. The goal of GDPR is to protect the rights of EU citizens within data privacy and to ensure transparency, security, and accountability by data controllers and data processors. Simply speaking, it will give EU citizens the right to know what, why, where, and when their data is being processed, as well as a new ‘right to be erased or forgotten’. GDPR has expanded on the eight principles of the already existing EU Data Protection Directive:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- The data must be kept for a specified, lawful purpose.
- The data should be used and disclosed only for the specified purpose.
- The data must be kept safe and secure.
- The data must be up to date, accurate, and complete.
- The data must be relevant, adequate but not excessive.
- The date must be retained for no longer than is necessary.
- A copy of the data must be made available to the data subject, on request.
How BetterQA protects and processes our users’ data:
At BetterQA, we take data privacy very seriously. Below you will find a brief summary of how we process and protect your data as a BetterQA user and how you can control it at all times.
- Individuals can submit data using the contact form of our website, or contact us directly via a telephone, where they provide their contact information.
- This data belongs to the user, which actively grants access to their data. At any time, the user may revoke access to the data from any organization by using our contact form.
- In line with ‘the right to be forgotten’, the user can at any time delete their account along with all data that is associated with the account.
- To be able to give both the user and the companies that use BetterQA as much value as possible from our services, BetterQA conducts analyses of aggregated segments of our data set in order to find valuable insights. These analyses are all done on a highly aggregated level, as we are interested in finding broad and statistical trends and not detailed tendencies on an individual level.
- BetterQA will never keep any personal data longer than necessary.
- All data is hosted, and protected, by Google Cloud Platform.