What is it like to have a QA morning routine?
To be successful , a QA engineer has no choice but to be a well-organized person. Everything must be structured clearly so their QA work can be as efficient as humanly possible.
From our experience, some habits have proven to be essential in giving the best results possible.
We’ve compiled a quick To-Do list every QA engineer should go through at the beginning of every workday:
QA Morning Routine:
1. Read your emails and act on them
- If you’re cc’d in an email, make sure you remember to act on it.
Begin by placing tickets in the “Ready for QA” state. The QA team will know what they have to do and not neglect any of the issues at hand.
- Now, you need to check if any tickets need to be reopened and double-checked.
And of course, don’t forget to close them once their issues have been tested and resolved.
2. Check the tickets your colleagues added.
Like yourself, your teammates are busy creatures that work tirelessly, day in and day out.
In the past 24 hours, they might have added new tickets to the project you’re working on. So, you must keep yourself up to date by checking these meticulously, and adding them to your QA morning routine.
3. Priorities when checking tickets:
a) Verify the tickets added by the client, as they’re one of the most important pieces of the puzzle.
- See if any recent tickets are duplicates.
- Since a ticket is as useful as its description, you must check if the tickets have clear steps written down; if not, take care of it.
b) Tickets should contain other useful information in the shape of fields, labels, and components specific to each project.
*They offer secondary (but no less important) info about the content of every ticket.
c) Difficulties caused by bugs can encumber users or even block their navigation on a web app. However, not all of them are equally crucial for the teams working on the project.
- Make sure every bug is evaluated correctly and its priority is set accordingly.
- When in doubt, ask the product owner about it.
These are just a few steps we recommend every QA follow at the beginning of every workday to maximize their efficiency.
Stay Updated with the Latest in QA
The world of software testing and quality assurance is ever-evolving. To stay abreast of the latest methodologies, tools, and best practices, bookmark our blog. We’re committed to providing in-depth insights, expert opinions, and trend analysis that can help you refine your software quality processes.
Delve deeper into a range of specialized services we offer, tailored to meet the diverse needs of modern businesses. As well, hear what our clients have to say about us on Clutch!